As you progress through your pregnancy you must wonder how these 9 months may benefit you.
Well, let’s see how your pregnancy is beneficial to you and your growing baby:
- Amazing sex: This is especially true in the second and third trimester due to the increased hormones and blood flow, making the act that much more intense.
- Lowered risk of breast cancer: Pregnancy and breastfeeding are shown to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Lowered risk of ovarian cancer: During pregnancy, as you stop mensurating, this is believed to reduce the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Pain-free period: This is often seen in women who have painful periods before childbirth.
- Lustrous hair: You can thank your increased estrogen for that. Enjoy while your hair is in its shining glory!
- Pregnancy glow: There is no denying that pregnancy makes you glow (apart from your happiness being reflecting outward). Bask in this glow!
- PCOS reduction in its severity: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which made it difficult for you to conceive the first time around, reduces in severity in some and hence makes the conception of your second child relatively easier.
- Increased overall health: From the time you plan your pregnancy, then going through the 9 months and then to taking care and breastfeeding your child, you adopt a healthy lifestyle. This includes eating right and taking care of yourself and your surroundings. All this increases your health and overall well being.
Being pregnant is a wonderful experience. It gives you adequate time to prepare yourself for your child and is a unique journey that you will only get to go through once, as they say, no two pregnancies are the same, even yours!