Having a wholesome breakfast (with the right amount of proteins, carbs, fats, fiber and essential minerals) to start your day, keeps you full for a longer period. This is because there is a sustained release of energy along with maintaining your sugar level.
One such option to have during breakfast to keep you full longer and be easy on your gut is having Apple-Cinnamon Oats.
Recipe: Apple-Cinnamon Oats
Preparation Type: Easy
Preparation Time: 5 – 10 minutes (apart from overnight refrigeration)
- Oats: 2/3 cup
- Non-fat milk: 1 cup
- Apple: 1 full
- Walnuts: 5-8 in number
- Cinnamon powder: 1/4th tsp
- Take 2/3 cup oats in a bowl
- Then take boiled and cooled non-fat milk and pour 1 cup over it
- To this mixture add 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder and stir
- Cover with plastic wrap/cling wrap/air-tight container and allow it to sit in the fridge overnight Soaking your grains is a simple way to increase the number of absorbable nutrients. Oats have anti-nutrients (phytates, lectins, etc.) that bind vitamins. Overnight soaking breaks this bond allowing these nutrients to be absorbed into your body than being excreted away
- When you sit to have breakfast in the morning, add the chopped walnuts (5-8 in number) and chopped apple (1 small/medium sized)
Advantage: Apart from being a good source of protein and hi-fiber, this recipe is easy to make. Plus you have the added benefit of waking up to a pre-made breakfast, what is not to love in that!
Calories: 415 to 483 kcal (without sugar)
- Carbohydrate: 65.3 g
- Protein: 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.148 g
- Total Fat: 13.8 g (Saturated Fat: 1.84 g)
- Total Sugars: 24.2 g
- Cholesterol: 4.94 mg
(Additional minerals: Calcium: 560.1 mg, Omega-3 FA: 1.43 g, Iron: 3.147 mg, Sodium: 132.1 mg, Folate: 47.7 mcg)
Additionally, you can add vanilla extract/brown sugar/honey/maple syrup to add some taste to suit your palate.