Desperate to feel your baby move in your belly? Well, feeling your baby move and kick during pregnancy is one of the perks of pregnancy. It helps make all the side-effects of pregnancy feel worth it. You may even be the center of attention with everyone around you dying to feel your baby move. At times your baby moves, but sometimes it doesn’t.
So, what can you do to make your baby move?
- Change your position: Either lie down or on your side. This is truer if you have been on your feet for a long time when you lie down, you will feel your baby kick.
- Talk away: Talking or singing to your baby not only helps you bond with the little one, it helps your baby respond to your voice and move. Some women even encourage singing to your little one to get a response from your baby.
- Snack away: Eat something (especially if it is sweet) and see how your baby responds to the sugar rush in a few minutes.
- Play some music: Put on your favorite song (and dance to it also if you feel like) and see how your baby wiggles.
- Push your belly: Do this gently on one side and see if your baby presses back.
- Have a glass of cold water: Drinking a glass of ice cold water can wake and shake your baby up!
- Move along: Any kind of fast movement or exercise (jogging, yoga or jumping jacks) might get your baby perked up as well. But we do advise caution when doing any kind of physical activity and always listen to your body.
These are some common tips that you can try to get your baby moving in your womb. If you have any more suggestions, please leave a comment below, that way your preg-mates may also benefit from the information.