Pregnancy makes it really hard at times to have a normal meal. You may feel nauseous and start feeling aversive of food not to forget that winter is around the corner and you need to prepare yourself for it! Hence, it would be ideal to consume something which is loaded with all the nutrients along with being easy on your stomach. One such recipe is warm dry fruit shake.
Preparation type : Easy
Preparation time : 15 – 30 minutes
Quantity prepared : 2 glasses
Pistachio nuts (peeled): 10 in number
Almonds (soaked overnight & peeled): 10 in number
Cashew nuts: 10 in number
Dried figs: 2 in number
Dried dates (seedless): 2 in number
Walnut (peeled): 5 in number
Cardomon/elachi (peeled): 5-6 in number
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Saffron: a pinch
Pepper: a pinch
Sugar/Jaggery/Brown sugar: As per taste
- Take all the dry fruits and and cardomom into a blender and dry blend it into a fine powder.
- Boil milk and let it cool. Then transfer it to a glass, to this add a pinch of saffron, tumeric, pepper and sugar/jaggery as required.
- To this mixture, add half of the dry fruit paste (the rest can be stored in the fridge for upto 2-3 days). Or you can directly add two glasses of milk in the blender and make a ready to serve frothy milkshake.
1 glass of this warm dry fruit milkshake contains 175 to 220 kcal.
Benefits of warm dry fruit shake:
- Easy to make
- Helps in combating pregnancy insomnia
- Prevents constipation
- Helps to supplement the nutritional deficiency
- Helps in a healthy weight gain