We all know that oats are good for your health and gut! They provide a good amount of energy, roughage and is fortified with many nutrients. In the market, you have various options to choose from most commonly being
- instant oats (Saffola, Quacker etc)
- steel cut oats
- whole oats
- rolled oats
- oat flour
Let’s now see a simple oats recipe to incorporate in your diet, i.e., Vegetable Oats Porridge. This recipe can be eaten anytime and is easy on your stomach (especially useful when you feel bloated/constipated).
Preparation time: 15 min
Preparation type: Easy
Portion serving: 2
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- Cauliflower – a few florets (finely chopped)
- 5 to 6 French beans, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp steel-cut/rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp oil/butter (coconut oil, flavored butter; eg Amul garlic butter can be used for improved taste)
- Salt and pepper as per your taste
- Garlic powder (if needed for your taste)
How to cook:
- Heat some oil/butter in a pan, add garlic and sauté till it turns brown, then add the onions
- Then add the finely chopped vegetables and peas along with the oats and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes
- To this mixture, add water and cook
- Sprinkle some salt & pepper and if needed some garlic powder
- Serve hot!
- Oats can be cooked with milk or water.
- If you prefer a sweat dish, add honey, freshly sliced fruits/dry fruits. In addition, you can add flavorings such as maple syrup, cinnamon, ice-cream, to counter your pregnancy sweet cravings.