So, now you enter week 10. Buying new bras and maternity pants with elastic bands seem very much needed!
You might still feel moody, but you try to come to terms with it. You might start putting on weight in your mid-section due to the bloating- worry not! It’s totally normal.
So, what should you be doing?
- Exercise – get yourself moving! This benefits you in two ways- it prepares you to carry your baby for the coming weeks (by toning and building endurance) and helps you to lose your weight post-delivery. Walking, swimming and yoga are some recommendations – after getting an approval from your doctor/gynecologist.
- Be stress-free – meditate or listen to soothing music. Try to keep the drama to a minimal in your life and focus on positive thoughts.
- Be wary of contracting urinary tract infections (UTI’s). This happens due to the increased progesterone levels.
- The birth canal can also be infected by yeast infections (candida infections) which may cause “thrush” in your baby’s mouth during delivery (if not treated by then).
- The birth canal may also have bacterial infections known as bacterial vaginosis which may lead to pre-term labor.
- Keep nourishing and hydrating yourself at regular intervals. Try not to forget to take your supplements.
- Continue charting your progress. Any doubts or clarification that you have can be discussed with your spouse and doctor.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Cravings and food aversion
- Bloating and constipation
- Heartburn and indigestion