What most people fail to understand is that pregnancy is transformative for the father as well! There is a lot of changes that go through the father-to-be, both happiness and anxiety. In order to make the transition into fatherhood and bond with your unborn, we have enlisted a few tips which will make the process easy.
Tips for fathers-to-be to bond with their unborn child:
- Know what happens during pregnancy: This is very important as you will be well informed and know what to expect in advance. This will make you look forward to the changes in your partner’s body as well as anticipate the changes seen in your growing baby on check-up’s during the course of the pregnancy.
- Spend time as parents-to-be: You and your partner can talk, sing etc to your unborn and make memories together as a new family.
- Feel the kick: As your partner’s pregnancy progresses, you will start to notice your baby kick, this makes the pregnancy feel real.
- Attend prenatal classes: When you attend prenatal classes, you will be advised on how to bond with your partner and baby from pregnancy onwards to post childbirth.
- Attend your partner’s check up’s: Seeing your baby’s heartbeat and weekly milestones are something you will start looking forward to.
- Take care of the mommy: This is vital! Your partner’s mood affects the baby’s health. So, offer support and help whenever needed. This will ensure the wellbeing of your child.
- Say “I love you’s”: To both the mommy and your baby within your partner’s tummy. This helps in making the emotional bond stronger and you will feel more connected as a family.