Leg cramps, swollen feet, backaches, and difficulty in sleeping, that is what is in store for you in week 24. Hang in there, mommy-to-be! Your baby is growing properly as it should be, and you are dying to hold the little one in your arms.
So, what do you notice this week?
- During the 24th week of pregnancy, the baby’s kicking is getting stronger and stronger. When your partner or others touch your belly, they might start to feel those kicks soon too.
- Start baby-proofing your home. If you have planned on having a separate baby room, now is the time to design it and make it baby ready.
- The increased levels of pregnancy hormones increase the chances of gestational diabetes (due to the high blood sugar levels in the later months), especially during the later months. A urine test to detect the ketones in the urine is recommended in high-risk cases.
- Stay hydrated and well nourished. Make sure your diet contains lots of nuts, fresh fruits, vegetables, and supplements.
- A tiny pimple like elevations (Montgomery’s Tubercles) is seen in the area surrounding your nipples (the areolas). The oil released by these structures nourish the nipples.
- Darkening of skin, stretch marks, feeling tired and light-headed are all common still.
- Braxton- Hicks contractions and Sciatica (back pain) are felt for shorter durations. If the length of the pain is long and intense, please contact your doctor immediately.
- Continue charting your process and keep moving. Don’t stop the light exercises.
- As you are starting the 6th month, this may mean the lessening of the second-trimester symptoms and the growing of your belly bigger
Common symptoms seen this week:
- Stretch marks
- Braxton-Hicks contractions