Congratulations on entering the third trimester! You and your baby have come a long way! You may at times just be fed up of all of this and just want your baby out of you at the earliest, these feelings are quite normal and don’t mean that you are a bad mother! It is just the exhaustion talking.
So, what do you notice this week?
- Check with the hospital for your delivery and plan out your arrival day!
- Some women may feel a “creepy-crawly” sensation in their lower legs and while trying to relax or sleep, there is an irresistible urge to move than stay put. If there is a relief after walking, then these women suffer from restless legs syndrome (RLS).
- A raised blood pressure and increased swelling should be looked out for. Also, any bleeding or spotting should not be taken lightly. Please consult your doctor if any abnormalities are noticed.
- Sleep is hard to come by in the third trimester. If you are up and restless most nights. Try forcing yourself to sleep. You need it.
- Keep yourself nourished and hydrated. Chart your progress.
- Keep your partner in the loop about even the slightest fear or apprehension you have. Share the happiness of your pregnancy as well.
- Weight gain of 1 kg or so is acceptable. So, stop fussing about the weight. Keep moving around a bit here and there.
We welcome you to your third trimester. This is the final three months of your pregnancy. Pretty soon it will all be over. All the discomfort you encountered so far will be worth it in the future.
Common symptoms this week:
- Back pain
- Constipation and heartburn
- Shortness of breath
- Frequent urination
- Varicose veins