Feel tired, lethargic and fat? Well, you are in your third trimester now! You are trying to find different comfortable positions that help you relax while sitting and sleeping. By now you get used to the signals your body gives you. That way you are better prepared.
So, what do you notice this week?
- Heartburn, flatulence, and constipation– come back with vengeance. The hormone progesterone relaxes the smooth muscles. This along with the crowding in the abdomen slows digestion causing gas and heartburn (after a heavy meal it also leads to constipation).
- These swollen blood vessels in your anus cause hemorrhoids. (due to your growing uterus)
- Avoid sitting or standing for a long Keep moving around rather than sitting in one place for a long time (unless suggested by your doctor to rest)
- Having a high-fiber diet, and drinking plenty of water. This reduces gas and flatulence.
- You feel sleep deprived at times. Napping helps! As the third trimester continues, you may get used to the physical and psychological changes that you are undergoing. A pillow or two may help in improving your discomfort while sleep.
- The hormone prolactin causes an increase in production of colostrum. You may experience a dampening of your bra.
- Some women face “supine hypotensive syndrome” during pregnancy. This occurs when lying flat on your back, causing a change in your heart rate and blood pressure. You might notice that you feel lightheaded if you stand up too quickly, too. To avoid feeling dizzy, lying on your side rather than your back, and moving slowly from lying down to sitting and then standing helps.
- Weight gain of 1 kg or so is acceptable. In total by now from the start of your pregnancy, a 10-15 kg weight gain is acceptable if approved by your doctor.
- Continue charting!
Enjoy these last few months, you may never experience them again. Every pregnancy is different and the ups and downs towards the end are worth it.
Common symptoms this week: