It is finally time for you to deliver! As you are heading to the hospital there are certain must-have things you should carry in your bag. To make it easy for you we have segregated the essentials separately for the mommy and the little one!
Must-have for Moms:
- Change of clothes: Comfortable and loose clothes to wear in the hospital (though the hospital gives gowns, still no harm in carrying a couple) and a pair to go home in post-delivery.
- Nursing bras: These will be the new best friend for your breasts. Once you start nursing, it helps in reducing the soreness.
- Maxi pads: The hospital will provide you on the first day or two. Then on, you are asked to buy your own.
- Essentials/toiletries: Your toothbrush, toothpaste, face-wash, soap, body lotions, moisturizers etc, must be carried.
- Underwear: A size larger may be useful – they offer you comfort post-delivery and gives room to the maxi-pad.
- Socks: Few pairs of socks to keep your feet warm.
- Hair accessories: Clips/scrunchies/bands/hairbands – to get the hair off your face. Trust us, you will need it.
- Glasses/contact and your lens solution.
- Chappals/Slippers: Will be useful in using the bathroom.
- Hair Dryer: if in case you want to dry your wet hair, to prevent catching a cold.
- A good book to keep you company
- Hospital access cards and passes of you, your spouse and accompanying family
- Breast pump- to ask your doctor on how to use it
- Mobile and its charger
- Camera/Recorders – to capture this moment (not to forget the charger!)
- MP3 player and headphones if you really need to calm your nerves.
- Some nuts/snacks/biscuits to snack on.
- Drinking water
- Nursing pillow and a diaper bag.
For the baby:
- Baby Wipes
- Blanket: To carry the munchkin in
- Clothes: Onesies/warm clothes to make the baby wear in the hospital.
- Caps/Woollen booties and mittens – to keep the little one warm and to prevent him/her from scratching his/her face
- Soft towel
- Diapers/ Cloth nappies– Carry a couple.
- Mosquito net
- Rash cream and baby powder – Not a must, we leave the choice up to you
- Bed protecting mats
- A baby crib/carrier –.Again optional!